If You Only Knew
If only you could see yourself
Through the eyes that look at you each day,
You would never question where my heart belongs,
Or wonder if it could ever stray.
Before you, I knew what love looked like.
Or at least I thought I did.
But loving you taught me
There was a depth I'd never lived.
You became the answer
To prayers I had stopped praying.
The dream I never thought I'd reach,
The home my heart was craving.
I love the life we've built together—
The laughter filling every room,
The ordinary moments made extraordinary
Simply because they're spent with you.
I love hearing your voice across the house.
I love seeing you with our family.
I love planning tomorrow,
Knowing you're standing beside me.
So many dreams I once believed
Were never meant for me
Now greet me every morning
Because you became my reality.
You don't always see it.
Sometimes you think my heart is somewhere else.
Sometimes you question my intentions
Or search for meanings that were never there.
If only you knew...
You are the first person I want to tell good news to.
The one I reach for after a long day.
The one I want beside me
When life is beautiful or breaking apart.
There has never been another choice.
If I laugh with someone else,
It doesn't lessen the love I have for you.
If I care about my friends,
It doesn't mean I care about you any less.
My heart isn't divided.
It's yours.
Not because you asked for it.
Not because I had to give it.
Because I wanted to.
Because loving you has been the easiest promise
I've ever made.
I don't need a perfect marriage.
I don't need perfect days.
I just need you to believe me
When I say...
I chose you.
I still choose you.
And if I had the chance to live this life all over again,
I would find you...
Every single time.
Comments
Post a Comment