More Than the Dark
We make love
With the lights turned off,
Wrapped in shadows
That hide more than our skin.
The room is quiet.
The movements familiar.
And when it's over,
I wonder if you felt
What I was searching for.
Sometimes it feels
Like we're simply checking a box—
A habit,
A routine,
Something to finish
Before we roll over and fall asleep.
But then...
There are the nights
When the light stays on.
Those are the nights
I remember.
Because I can see you.
I can watch your eyes meet mine.
I can see the smile
You don't even realize you're wearing.
I can watch the man I love
Enjoy being close to me.
And somehow,
Everything changes.
The distance disappears.
The silence feels warm.
The room no longer feels empty.
It's as if we're no longer just sharing our bodies...
We're sharing ourselves.
For so much of my life,
Sex never meant love.
It was just something that happened.
Something I gave away
Without ever giving my heart.
But you changed that.
With you,
Sex became trust.
It became safety.
It became vulnerability.
It became the place
Where I wanted my soul
To meet yours.
I don't want perfection.
I don't need grand gestures.
I just want to see you.
To know you're seeing me too.
Not hidden by darkness,
Not separated by walls
We never talk about.
I want to watch you laugh.
I want to see the way you look at me.
I want the kind of closeness
That only comes
When nothing is hidden.
Because with you...
It's never been just about sex.
It's about choosing each other.
It's about saying
Without words,
"I want all of you."
You are the only man
Who has ever made intimacy
Feel sacred instead of empty.
The only man
Who has ever made me crave
Connection more than completion.
I don't long for more sex.
I long for more us.
For the light.
For the closeness.
For the feeling that,
Even without saying a word,
You know exactly how much I love you.
Because when I'm in your arms,
I'm not just making love.
I'm sharing the deepest part of my heart.
And I only want to share that...
With you.
Comments
Post a Comment